Case Study: Strategic Business Plan for Social Enterprise
Completed market research & competitive analysis.
Facilitated the team as we built a plan they believed in.
A team of social entrepreneurs had an idea for an innovative model to support young adults who have aged out of the foster care system. They recruited a diverse board of civic leaders to guide the work. What they needed was alignment on a plan to realize and scale their vision. Here’s how Kirtland Consulting helped:
Strategic Business Plan Design
- Set the outline for the necessary business plan elements
- Provided expertise on social enterprise business model structure
- Guided the team on prioritizing implementation steps
- Conducted primary & secondary research to understand the landscape for foster care aging-out support, and to validate our unique competitive advantage
- Codified case studies with examples from other sectors that informed the approach for governance, features, and scalability
- Guided the team through a process to define & codify the Theory of Change
- Guided board and staff through a process to craft Mission & Vision
- Presented the plan along with staff at a board meeting
Deliverables: A strategic business plan that had the buy-in of the full board and staff. More information can be found at www.thecirclesociety.org and via this INC.com article with the founders.